3.2.1 Low temperature
In the superconducting devices the precision of the magnetic field is given by the tolerances in the positioning of the conductor.
Antec has manufactured superconducting magnets with tolerances of hundredths of mm in the position of the superconductor.
Among the projects in which ANTEC has participated, we would like to point out the following:
- article accelerator magnets, LHC Project (CERN)
- Prototyping: Tunning Quadrupole developed with CIEMAT and Corrector Octupole magnet.
- Series production of sextupole and octupole corrector magnets.
- Antec has delivered 2 series of superconductor magnets: 1.500 corrector sextupoles and 200 corrector octupoles.
- Magnets for particle accelerators, projects:
- Sinchroton ESRF Grenoble
- Sinchroton Alba Barcelona
- ESS Bilbao
- Solenoidal High Magnetic Field Coils (8T) of high homogeneity for Physic investigation. I.e. Resistance Pattern based on the Hall Quantic Effect (ICMA)
- Liquid Helium Cryostat for Superconducting coil operation
- Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage (SMES) of 25 kJ and 1 MJ.
- All these systems have been designed and manufactured with their cryogenics (cryostat and coil inserts)
- X.FEL Hamburgo
3.2.2 High temperature
BISCO superconductor 600 amps current leads. Prototype for the LHC Project at CERN.
Design and manufacture of a superconducting fault current limiter with YBaCuO bulk material.